January 29, 2007

Ok, so haven't updated in awhile.

Chicago was amazing. School has started, and isn't as amazing. I have realized I am terrible at both Spanish and Statistics. Hopefully I never have to go into the field of 'Spanish Statistics,' because if I did, I would fail miserably. On an upside, in Spanish class recently, the readings and movie clips have been mentioning prostitution, sex, erections, and condoms. So that's cool, I guess.

Over Christmas break, I learned how to knit--sort of. At this point in time, I can make scarves. Soon I hope to upgrade to socks and mittens.

Lately, I have been drinking too much coffee and watching too much network television.

Peter and I saw Blood & Chocolate and Pan's Labyrinth last weekend.
Pan's Labyrinth was kind of amazing. It was in Spanish, and violent, and slightly distressing, but so beautiful. And it made me cry, which basically means I loved it.
There was this one scene, where a few fairies get their heads eaten by a creepy man with eyes in his hands (The Pale Man)...

=

?

and it reminded me of my favorite Goya painting, 'Saturn eating his children,' which I totally saw at the Prado :) It's strange how much I love Spain, but hate Spanish.
(Creepy coincidental side note: The man who plays the Faun and The Pale Man played one of 'The Gentlemen' in one of my favorite Buffy episodes, "Hush." So great.)

I have been searching for this forever, and now I have found it:

Yep. I think I am going to cut my hair tomorrow. Let's all pray I don't hate it and become a self-loathing crab-monster. I ate crab legs today, and they were delicious.

No comments: