October 2, 2006

A couple of days ago, I went to supper, and I had collected a few cups of food to take back to my room so I could eat while writing my story...
I wanted to take some coffee with me, but for some reason the regular coffee was out, so I just got the cappuccino crap. Another girl got a mug full of the flavored coffee. She turns to me and says, "This smells like cigarettes!" I kind of laugh politely and say, "yuck." She smells it again and says, "Here, smell this, tell me I'm not crazy, just think of old hot dogs and smell this." So of course, I did. It kind of did smell like a mixture of old hot dogs and cigarettes...

But then. She says to me, "I always wanted to smoke, I mean, it looks so cool! But, you know, it'll kill you."

.... who says that?

I said to her, "No! Don't smoke!" and kind of laughed and walked back to my dorm.

I really hope she doesn't ever take up smoking.

My mom and my friend, Bre are trying to quit smoking.

Yay for not smoking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that your mom is trying to quit. But how can she if your dad is still smoking away?

We just studied smoking cessation in my Medical Consequences class. Apparently people achieve most success if they have counseling, nicotine replacement therapy and anti-depression medication all at the same time. It was interesting.

And that girl in the dining hall was weird. Anyone who is interested in smoking because it looks cool... well, I don't know how she got into Carleton.